The Sales and Marketing/ Leasing Manager manages tenant move-in and move-out processes, handles paperwork, evaluates applicants, and explains policies. The incumbent leads and motivates a team of rental agents to facilitate the leasing process. The incumbent is also responsible for the continued growth of the business and liaising with university representatives.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the student accommodations, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Execute and manage all new business ventures
- Schedules showings of vacant units, advertises vacancies, and conducts tours.
- Oversees a team of rental agents.
- Designs and implements innovative marketing and advertising strategies.
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations and further increases company and product awareness.
- Oversees facility upkeep, inspects and maintains units, public areas, and grounds.
- Assists the manager with administrative tasks such as preparing budgets, collecting rent, and sending tenant notices.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in Sales and Marketing, preferably within the housing/accommodation industry
- Previous experience as a rental agent within the housing industry preferred
- A Bachelor’s or College degree in a relevant discipline
- Strong knowledge of Landlord Tenant Act
- Ability to think critically and evaluate best possible solutions and procedures
- Computer proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers
- Communication: Interacting and communicating (both written and verbally) respectfully and professionally both internally and with students
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Defining issues, examining alternatives and effects.
- Creativity: Looking beyond tradition norms or methods to solve problems.
- Time Management and Organization: Using time and resources optimally.
- Business Savvy: Interpreting in advance the impact of decisions on others.
- Coaching: Explaining expectations clearly and gaining agreement on actions.
- External Customer Service: Understanding customer needs and provides the right solution.
- Diversity Management: Treating all people fairly regardless of differences.