The QA Officer is responsible for the quality system and monitors and advises on compliance with operating procedures. The QA Officer plans and directs the Quality Assurance/Quality Management System and strategies consistent with the ISO quality standards. In this capacity the QA Officer will implement policies, procedures and systems to maintain and enhance performance of the division. In addition, the QA Officer will serve as the Coordinator for directing the ISO Quality Assurance Program initiatives as defined by the quality management committee. In this capacity, the incumbent will disseminate safe work standards, and enforce procedures including customer specifications, purchasing controls, process controls, etc. The QA Officer will ensure ISO standards and reporting compliance with regulatory bodies, industry associations, and related stakeholder groups. As directed by the QA/QC Manager, the QA Officer will participate in the development, implementation, and surveillance of the Quality Management System objectives and procedures. The incumbent will maintain a leadership role in assessing and developing implementation strategies to achieve corporate compliance with emerging regulatory and industry initiatives.
- Accessibility and communication of suitable and relevant quality assurance, quality management, and OH&S policy/procedure manuals.
- Review work practices, site inspections, and training initiatives to ensure compliance with the ISO standards, customer specifications, quality policies, procedures, good construction practices, and accepted work control processes
- Assist in the planning, administration and supervision of on-going internal audits by conducting, but not limited to, the inspection of operations, documentation, coordinating and conducting internal audits; and initiate corrective actions as appropriate
- Ensure employees are trained and informed in quality procedures.
- Proper and timely assessment of quality factors inherent in work processes, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
- Liaise as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and provide assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- Assist with other administrative duties as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Familiar with building code and quality management systems
- Analytical approach with the ability to conceptualize; sound decision-making; creative problem-solving skills
- Completion of construction safety, ISO Internal audit, and/or quality assurance, supplemented by more than Six (6) years of related experience with at least 2 years serving in a quality assurance capacity. Equivalencies will be considered.